Monday, April 23, 2012

Getting Back To Life

How long has it been since I wrote anything? mmmm, it's been a while.  Things have been crazy around here.

So crazy, that as of January 2012, I have decided not to sell cakes from my kitchen anymore.  I still have a cookie of the month club, but I am not chained to my kitchen on the weekends.  The first few weeks in January, I couldn't say the words "no more cake", but I would tell people I was on a sabbatical.  The next few weeks, I could say "no more cake", but I would cry. (sorry if you tried to order a cake at that time)  Now, no problem.  I can even say it with a smile.  At the beginning, I felt like I had lost my identity.  I was no longer the "Cake Lady".  I walked around in circles, looking for something to do.  I wasn't sure what to do with all my free time. 

When the weather started getting warmer... in Texas, it happens about February, I started a garden and cleaned up my backyard.  I also started cooking different meals for my family.  No more spaghetti, tacos, and porkchops every night. 

I look forward to sharing all I am doing with you.  I will take pictures and show you my garden, share new recipes, and hopefully, I will get back to crafting, which I have missed.  I really need to paint my entryway.  (any voluteers?) Yeah, that's why it's not painted yet.  Maybe this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment