Wednesday, May 23, 2012

How does my garden grow?

Here is what I have been doing instead of cakes.






<=======This is on April 23













            This is May 20  ======>


 This is my salad bar.  It has all kinds of different lettuce.  I made a salad from it the other night and the lettuce tasted so strong.  After a quick Internet search, the 3 main causes of bitter lettuce is 1) under watering 2) lack of nutrition 3) HEAT.

Come to find out, it's just to stinkin' hot in Houston to plant lettuce in April.  I will try again in October when it cools off again.

 I planted pole beans and snap peas.
The snap peas didn't make it, but the beans are doing great.  I actually grew enough to serve at dinner. They were very tender. 


Mint


I am only a novice gardener.  When things actually grow, I am amazed.

I get 1 or 2 strawberries at a time.  But the best thing about
 gardening is that I get first pick.  (Most of the time, that is all
there is.) lol

No comments:

Post a Comment