Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tasty Tuesday

Chewy Lime Sugar Cookies

This delicious recipe brought to you by My Baking Addiction


INGREDIENTS:
     2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour     1 egg                                      
   1 tsp baking soda     1/2 tsp vanilla        
                 1/2 tsp baking powder     Zest of 1 large lime, finely minced
       1/2 tsp salt     3 tbsp lime juice
                       1 cup butter, softened     1/2 cup unsweetened toasted coconut
              1 1/2 cups white sugar     1/2 cup sugar for rolling cookies




To toast the coconut:
Preheat oven to 350*.  Spread coconut out on a cookie sheet.  Bake 5-10 minutes, stirring once or twice.  Don't forget to allow the coconut to cool before adding into the recipe. 


DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 350*.  Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.  (I don't usually use parchment paper when I bake cookies, so I thought I would give it a try.  I couldn't really tell a difference in the way the cookies baked, but clean up was really easy!)

2. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.  Set aside.

3.  Using a mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until smooth and very fluffy.

4.  Beat in egg, vanilla extract, lime juice and lime zest.

5.  Gradually blend in the dry ingredients and toasted coconut.  ( I crumbled the coconut into little pieces before I put it into the mixture.  That way, you don't finish eating your cookie and still have a mouth full of coconut when your done.  It's a texture thing...)

6.  Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and roll in sugar.  If the mixture sticks to your hand, you may want to add a tablespoon or two of flour to your mixture. This will make the balling process easier.  Place on lined cookie sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart.
7.  Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.

8.  Let stand on cookie sheet 2 minutes before removing to cool on a wire rack. 

I think these are one of my favorites.  Who am I kidding?.... I have never met a cookie I didn't like.

No comments:

Post a Comment