Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day Two

After 7 hours and 2 men working, my kitchen now looks like this:





WOW!  That really opened it up. 

Today, the plumber is suppose to be out to move the water for the new ice maker.  My other frig didn't have an "automatic" ice maker.  My mom usually took care of the ice.  Now she is going to be out of a job.  (Sorry mom, I'm sure we can find something else to keep you busy.) 
The other plan for the day is to move the header that is sticking down between the kitchen and table area, up into the ceiling.  That way the ceiling will be flat all the way across. YAY!!  I'll be able to see all my friends while I'm caking.

5 comments:

  1. okay, I think this is exciting. wish I could do something like that to my kitchen....that is go in and knock out the area myself!

    so what are you going to do with those cabinet doors?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Now, I'm getting pumped up for you (and seeing the potential in my identical kitchen)!

    Love the puppy peeking into the madness!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the finished project!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How does it feel to have no kitchen?

    What do you EAT? That's my second biggest excuse for not blowing out our kitchen.

    Of course the first biggest excuse is $$$.

    ReplyDelete